Alaska Moving Checklist
Cancel or Establish Utilities and Other Services
- Telephone and Internet
- Natural Gas and Heating
- Trash Service
- Cable and Satellite TV
- Newspaper and Subscriptions
- Post Office for Forwarding Address
- Membership in Clubs & Organizations
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Car Insurance
Other Important Considerations for Your Move
- Inventory items to be moved vs. donated or discarded.
- Begin packing and/or schedule move with professional moving company.
- Shipping arrangements for your car.
- Shipping arrangements for pets.
- Gather all legal documents like deeds, wills, and passports.
- Prepare Power of Attorney if necessary.
- Get transcripts from children’s schools or arrange for transfer.
- Get medical and dental records including x-rays, immunizations, and eye glasses.
- Get medical records from vet for your pets, including prescriptions.
- Organize final cleaning of home and final lawn care.
- Notify credit card providers of new mailing address.
- Return library books.
- Pick-up dry cleaning items.
- Transfer bank accounts and empty safety deposit boxes.